For week 9, created various stuff such as wine glasses, vases, vines, etc. using curves and revolve tool for the glasses and vases, and using the extrude tool for the vines.
I used the sculpt geometry tool to create this really rough sculpt of lips.
This was done with the soft selection tool and I decided to create mountains and a sea bed of some sort.
I created the vines to make it look like they’re intertwined with each other in between the block walls and the power lines on either side of the wall.
So, for week 8, we were given the task of building interface graphic for the mock game level that we did in week 2 and add it to the complete mock game level complete with a font that would go with the game.
First, we made a flat design which consist of only block colours with no dimensions and depth to them.
Instead of actually taking an image of a flower online, I decided to just freehand the flower and used puppet warp/free transform to get a more proportional appearance to the flower.
The next design is an almost flat design, which is also block colours but with shadows and gradients added for an almost flat look.
For the gradient in the background, I used a darker colour of pink to remain consistent in the colour but different in shade. A shadow is made which made it look like the light source is coming from the upper right corner of the image, casting a shadow in the lower right corner.
The last design is a rich design and has all of the above; gradients,shadow, highlights, textures, etc.
I changed the colour of the background by using the hue/saturation button and also added a texture to it. I did the same for the flower and added the highlights and shadow to give it a more realistic look and ended up with this design.
For this, I first sketched the style that was in my mind which is similar to this image/style, which I would classify as a more realistic take on anime style.
My second choice was a kind of chibi-style? which is similar to anime but in a much smaller scale and cuter. However, I wanted it to look creepy and so different styles were mixed for experimentation purposes.
I also thought about doing something that is Tim Burton inspired so I also search for that style.
So, since my main and only setting takes place in a bathroom, I searched for pictures of public bathrooms as reference which isn’t actually that interesting believe it or not.
They all pretty much just look alike, you know generic public bathroom type. Anyway , it was fun searching for public bathrooms to look at for the background of my interactive digital story.
During our time playing around in flash, I have learned various stuff such as adding codes to make functioning buttons, scroll bars and collectables.
However, I came across some problems during following the programme given to us and have tried to fix it with no avail. I couldn’t make the collectables and the scroll bar to work properly which is why there’s none of those in the GIF image . I’ve added the main task which help up the programme so I guess its still something.
It was a fun task but it was quite frustrating at time. Click the link below to go to the swf file and then click on the image and just use the arrows in the keyboard to navigate the rocket through space.
After sketching the storyboard and laying out as to what camera angles I would need or what perspective, I have decided to lay them out in Photoshop using simple lines which I can then go over later in detail.
The front view which is the perspective of someone or the player looking through the mirror, facing the bathroom stalls.
Below is the perspective of someone who is standing at the back of the bathroom facing the door way.
And finally, the view of someone coming into the bathroom.
This setting layout can be used in various key scenes as the setting of the game/interactive digital story is in the bathroom only.
For my interactive story, I decided to go for either an animated one or picture based and then came up with how the story will go and when the part where the player gets to choose an answer or an option.