After finding out that the workflow I created wouldn’t work after further investigation. I adjusted my work flow and changed some things and how it should go.
I ended up with two ways as to how to go about it.
- Film live action video (30 seconds more or less)
- Import video into After effects for 3D motion tracking( if needed) and then export as image sequences.
Two methods to test:
- Block out scene roughly in Maya for easier animation in regards to perspective
- Animate character and scale it to the size of the scene according to the image plane created using the image sequence of live action video
- Add lighting inside the scene to match the live action video lighting.
- Batch render the animation and import into after effects after composing it as a video file
- Batch render animation as image sequence and import into flash to draw on top to create some 2D elements.
- Composite the animation into the live action video after exporting as an .avi file so that it looks like a part of the scene
- Add necessary effects and adjust lighting, colour, etc. to match the videos environment.
- Add sound effects and music that matches the scene
- Export as .mp4 or .avi