Sorry, I didn’t post last week but I did do some research as to what I want my project to be 🙂
I decided that I wanted to do my project to be in the realm of animation and explored different areas of it. I am going to put a few areas that I looked into below along with the link so you can see the videos.
Combining 2D and 3D animation
This style or area of animation definitely pulled me in when I was watching it. However, it is double the work of some sorts but in the end it looks amazing and looks unique.
2D animation in Real world
This video was the first thing i thought about when I was coming up with ideas for the project. It was my childhood and It just brought nostalgia whilst I was watching it and the style became an option for my project.
Real world animation
This type of animation I think looks really cute and quite innovative of some sorts and brings the inanimate objects to life in a quite smooth way.
3D animation in Real world
The setting is usually filmed in real world and 3D animation is added on top. and it plays around other things that’s happening in the real world and incorporates that in with the 3D animation really well which is very well executed in the examples above.
Giving life to inanimate objects
This was just I found something cute and amusing XD feel free to watch the video but it could be turned into something more than just amusing.
Motion graphics pulled me in because of the vibrant colours and the art style and the above examples are really excellent and is something that I hope to learn someday in more depth.
After looking at different areas, I have decided to do a 2D and 3D animation hybrid which is similar to the very first area I talked about and incorporate that in a real world footage.
I am looking into doing some tests for week 4, so stay tuned 🙂
For week 2 of Computer Arts practice, We were tasked to self evaluate our work by choosing from 3 options: Perspective Study, Shade and Tone or Live Drawing.
I chose to do Live drawing. We were given an objective which I have put down a screenshot of below for more details.
Working quickly and fluidly- I was quite quick with some of the sketches and observations but it would slow down at times or the subject would’ve been too far gone by then. However, I think I think I worked quickly but ultimately just slowed down which i need to improve on, same goes for fluidity.
Capturing sense of movement- I somewhat captured some sense of movement in some of the subject but others needed some more improvement and it made me realize that i needed to study their movements more.
Capturing sense of personality or character- In some of the characters or subjects I think i have captured some sense of personality or character but again, I also think that i am lacking in that area for some of them.face
This previous version is almost fully rendered and doesn’t show any lines at all which wasn’t the required criteria so I’m using it as my development.
This is my environment final which I think is much better because it shows the line work and form in my opinion and there’s more happening to it rather than having an empty foreground.
In this version of the character final, it looks too simple and not a lot of details are going on and the boots for the back view look wrong. It also needed laces and more things to make the character even more interesting.
Compared to the previous version, I added the glass vials at the bottom because the belt looked like it was for a shotgun and that it was a bullet holder, where in fact it was vials of herbal potions. I also added more rips on the jeans and fixed the boots and added laces on it. The bandage indicates that she got wounded along the way when she was on her journey to find the portal.
Character Specification Sheet
Character: Lead Role, Raziel
‘A sci-fi fantasy game where you play Raziel, someone who has lost her memories from when she was a young child. Now grown up, she wants to find more about herself and the strange symbols on her machete and bow and arrow, found near her when she was found, and the symbol on the cloak she was wearing when found. Join her in this journey of self-discovery and uncover her past that lays hidden inside.’
- Age: 16-22
- Gender: Female
- Height: Medium/Tall
- Build: Average
- Race/Skin: Human/Unknown, Medium-Dark Skin
- Backstory – Raziel barely remember who she is and where she came from, all she knows is that she was found and was taken care of by someone acting as her mother figure, Aleya. Now she wants to find out more about herself so she set off on a journey of self discover and more.
- Childhood – barely remembers childhood as she was found at the edge of the jungle at the age of 6 with the machete laying on the ground and the bow and arrow around her, the rest of her childhood was spent learning to adapt to a new world that seems so unfamiliar.
- Hopes/Ambitions/dreams – to discover her true self and ancestry
- Attitudes / Personality – Sassy / reserved
- Beliefs / Superstitions – doesn’t belive in anything but is open to ideas
- Job / Role / Occupation / Training – student, knows how to handle the bow and arrow and the machete. Training in martial arts.
- Family / Friends / Relationships – quite closed off with others, closest to Aleya.
- Health / Mobility / Handicaps – None
- Social / Political Status or affiliation – she doesn’t really care much about this type of stuff
- Environment / Habitat – Inner City/ non wealthy
- Culture / Heritage – Unknown
- Lifestyle / Finance/ Class – middle class / ‘normal’ / safe
- Era / Setting / Time Period – Modern day unless shes through the portal, the place is quite advanced even though its from another world thats ancient of some sorts
- Habits / Unique Traits – fiddles with fingers when nervous.
- Interests / likes / dislikes – likes watching post apocalyptic movies which influenced her clothing style / not into girly things
My vehicle final was pretty much a cross between the top row and I added the inscription near the crystal which says blood power, indicating that it requires blood to start. The bolts running through it shows that the vehicle is energised and has power.